viernes, 6 de mayo de 2011

My goodbye

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to say goodbye.
This year has been such a complete one.
When the year started I was alone, I mean, I didn't know anyone. That situation was very strange to me taking into account that I've been with the same mates for fifteen years.
Thankfully I've met lots of people, from other places, with different ideologies and beliefs; and I've made a few very good friends.

A big effort was made to change my studying habits. I used to do my daily huge amount of homework and study two days before the exam. Now I do my homework "weekly" and I have to study way more often. But I had to learn how to study these subjects, at first I felt very frustrated, but now I'm used to it and I don't go crazy.

Moreover, I've learnt that studying other knowledge -non science- brands is not as bad as I thought. I mean, it's way much easier, but it has its own complications. Definitely, it's not easy peasy.

I've loved English, German and Translation classes. Spanish has never been my favourite subject in school and hasn't been in college as well, but I have to admit it wasn't that bad, I've learnt a lot.
Catalan and Informatics have been a huge waste of time, useless subjects, I had already studied everything we have been taught here at school.
Sadly, I couldn't stand Linguistics and Documentation.
Now it seems I hate this career, but that's not true. I've had fun, I've been lost in an explanation,  I've been bored and even half sleep, but you can't please everybody.

Finally, I give up Translation degree, I will study Microbiology at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona next year.
However, I haven't lost a year- well technically I have ,but for me it's not wasted time.
I wouldn't change what I've lived, learnt, understood or felt that year.

I am grateful to my mates and my friens for this experience.
That's all, thanks!

Best luck on your exams!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario